Monday, July 23, 2007

#05: Mashups

I discovered Writer: the Internet typewriter and typed up the message below. Still not real clear how this could be helpful. I figured out how to make minor font, line, and font-type changes, but it certainly won't take the place of Microsoft Word.


Well, what is this? A typewriting tool? So, how would I use this? Often there are college students who want to type a paper, but we don't have Microsoft Word saved on our public machines, so they have a difficult time. Could this be a program that we could make available?

Note: italics is not available with Writer.

The question I've been asking myself: do I feel the urge the replace anything I'm already using with new tools I'm discovering?

Oh, and I've added my blogger heading--a photo from former UAF Librarian Debbie Kalvee.

2 comments:

Paul Adasiak said...

Hey, Natalie, will you please include a link to Writer?

Natalie said...

Done.