Friday, June 29, 2007

#8: MyUA Portal

It must be a Friday during the summer for here I am posting yet another account of a lesson accomplished. (I wrote in an earlier post about technology issues. Well, here's another: I'm working on my laptop near the living room window looking out over our front yard and our black cat spread against the black rocks in our flower bed--1/2 his body in the shade. Had to log into the VPN, a "technology" not part of this lesson, in order to access Learning 2.0. Other than that, I've been working away!)

MyUA Portal: sometimes when I'm acting like a dean, I'm invited to dean-like meetings. Had the opportunity to sit in on discussions about the Portal. Frustration from the administrators at Statewide that more people don't use it. Why don't we like it? Well, where do I begin? The design thing first--I'd really like my screen to have tiny snapshots of each of the functions. What I've been doing recently is minimizing the windows--what's the different between that and accessing a site and keeping it up all day? Outside of the one login, I'm not real moved by this thing.

I'd been here before, so already had my pages set up. Interesting to get back and see that nothing had changed and I didn't miss it.

No comments: