Thursday, August 2, 2007

#23: Library Elf

A moment of panic: first, I had to find my library card! While hiking the Crow Pass Trail (Girdwood to Eagle River), I was swept away by the currents of the Eagle River (had to ford @ mile 13! Didn't have a library elf to save me, but the Bob was there to wade in twice and make sure I made it across safely!) and everything went under. While the library's copy of One Hundred Years of Solitude was in the waterproof part of my backpack (not even damp!), my wallet was in a pouch that wasn't waterproof--my Noel Wien card got wet, the card number a bit mussed. Put everything out on the truck's dashboard on our way out of Girdwood and back toward Fairbanks to dry--will see if I can find it. Be right back . . .

You might not realize this, but lots of time has gone by because I've misplaced my wallet! Man, I could use some mechanism that helps me keep track of my things--what good's a wiki or a grokker or flickr (or my nifty book review search engine!) if I can't locate my stuff! Will finish this later . . .

Okay, everything is in order. What an easy program to sign up for! Logged in and discovered that I have nothing checked out--oh yeah, we finished the Star Trek: The Next Generation series before we went on our hike. Guess I need to get to my local public library!

No comments: