Monday, August 20, 2007

#24 Google Maps

Fascinating how one can get sucked in and spend minute after minute playing around with this stuff! Yes, Google Maps can get you the directions you need (no aerial view of my house, although neighborhood was available) and the Google Pedometer can track your miles. Google Earth did have a blurry picture of my residence. What I wanted, many minutes into this assignment, was a site to log running miles. And whaalaa I found one: America's Running Routes . Fun to imagine me logging the miles--okay, will I really try the Geist to Farmer's Loop to Yankovich to Miller Hill to Sheep Creek to Parks Highway to Geist Road route? Stay tuned . . .

Looks like the running site used the Google map of Fairbanks, but the site also has other local routes that Fairbanksans have saved. Fun site!

No comments: